Tuesday 2 June 2015

Apologies: I keep meaning to post and then life interferes!

I have been contemplating how to get back into the swing of blogging, and nothing seemed to get me going again! We have been spending lots of time in the garden, getting everything ready for summer.
The raised garden bed now has several kinds of radishes, spring onions, kohlrabi, broccoli, endives, cabbage, pumpkin and courgette (zucchini) growing. We also have pots with tomatoes, cucumbers, and aubergines (eggplant) growing. Not to mention the enourmous quantity of herbs! Can´t wait for the harvesting! We did have our first radish harvest, they grow so fast! Next lot is growing fine already...


My mother told me the greens from radishes are great for salads. But when I was told I had thrown the leaves on the compost already!! Next harvest I will definitely make a nice radish salad with the leaves and the bulbs.

I tend to do my household cleaning with baking soda and vinegar mainly but recently I was visiting my family in the Netherlands and was in a local supermarket where I found some environmentally friendly cleaners that I just had to try out. They are by Eco-Friendly cult brand Method, and really smell lovely! I love the packaging too...


This weekend I spent some time really sorting through my natural makeup and personal care collection. Not only have I got too many full sized products, the amount of samples I have is getting ridiculous! So, I am back to testing and reviewing. Summer is coming soon so I will be looking at self tanning lotion from Melvita (I STILL haven´t tested this!!!), a listing of my favourite sunscreen products from Eco Cosmetics and their latest product offering,  and a review of cream deodorants from four different brands (Wolkenseifen, Waldfussel, Ponyhütchen, SoapWalla)..

I am also going to use up and try out and review all the samples that I have collected over the last 12 months... I think I could really write every day if I wanted to, with the amount of stuff that I have bought and collected this last year.

I am now on a natural cosmetics buying ban; first I have to use up what I have before I can shop for more.

We are off to Berlin for a long weekend, and the weather is going to be hot and sunny, so the ideal time to test the sun products. First though I have to exfoliate my legs so I can finally test out the self tanner from Melvita! Review to follow in a couple of days.


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments and critiques constructive, clean and friendly, thank you!