Thursday 26 June 2014

Natural haircuts: my first-time experience at a natural hairdresser

I am abundantly posting today, probably because I didn't post last week!

This weekend we visited my boyfriend's brother and sister in law in Cologne and whilst we were there I managed to get an appointment at Just Nature for a haircut. Just nature is not only a hairdresser's but also a natural cosmetics store.

I really needed a haircut, my hair was getting quite long (which is what I want) but also looked like it had been nibbled on by rodents! All thin and shapeless at the ends, it really didn't look good anymore.

I gave the hairdresser (very lovely guy, he's a master hairdresser, so he has many years of experience) a simple brief: please cut my hair into a style that's not too out there (I hate 'modern' haircuts) and something where I can just wash and go.

First he really took his time to find out what I wanted, and then I had my hair and scalp brushed. He massaged some Hauschka neem oil into my scalp and then my hair was washed whilst I was lying on a bed. Very comfortable. He used John Masters mint shampoo, which made my scalp tingle nicely. The hairdresser really observed how my hair falls and then started cutting my hair. A lot came off! I now have my hair jaw length and layered, and I really can wash and go! I haven't had a bad hair day since I left there last Friday!

I also left the shop with a few things: John Masters shampoo, a new boar bristle brush, some neem hair water from Hauschka, a trial size peppermint Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, a face mask and new courage with my great new haircut!

If you happen to be in Cologne and you want to visit the shop, its on the Ehrenstrasse number 40. You do need to make hairdressing appointments in advance, but browsing the shop is already more than worth it. They have a great selection of natural cosmetics.

XX, C.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments and critiques constructive, clean and friendly, thank you!